Journey so Far
Arthakranti is a movement and we consider all Indians (for that matter all globizans) members of this movement and there is no separate membership to be taken. As movement word suggests it is open for all and everyone can contribute in his/her own way. To leverage and support efforts in the movement, an organization named Arthakranti Pratishthan (a registered trust) is formed. We believe that self-emerging movement & supporting-adapting-learning organization will lead Arthakranti towards its purpose.
Arthakranti Pratishtan is a registered trust created to organize the mobilization needed to take Arthakranti solution from being a proposal to being a reality.
It is a registered trust since 2005. (Reg. no. e 22731). Maharashtra Executor and Trustee Co. Ltd (subsidiary of Bank of Maharashtra) directs and supervises the financial and legal reporting aspects.
Many entrepreneurs, chartered accountants (CAs), economists, journalist, engineers, doctors, teachers, artists, students are part of Arthakranti organization as well as movement.
Arthakranti proposal is presented on various platforms and to esteemed leaders/experts and received admiration from them. To name a few here
- Smt. Pratibhatai Patil (Hon. President of India)
- Shri. L.K. Advaniji
- Shri. Sharadji Pawar
- Shri. Yashwantji Sinha
- Shri. Sompalji Shastri
- Shri.Pawankumarji Bansal
- Shri. D. Raja
- Dr. Vijay Kelkar, Chairman – Finance Commission
- Dr. Suresh Tendulkar, Chairman - Prime Minister's Economic Advisory Council
- Dr. Adarsh Kishore Saxena, Ex-Union Finance Secretary
- Dr. Parthasarathy Shome, Ex-Chief Economic Advisor to the Union Finance Minister
- Shri. Narayan Murthy
- Shri. Vilasrao Deshmukh
- Shri. Narendra Jadhav
- Few Chairmen of Nationalised Banks
- Governors of Chhatisgarh and Karnatak
Journey so far…
Arthakranti’s mission is to bring India’s economic rejuvenation. Arthakranti proposal consists of technical corrections for our current economic system. But one must understand that Arthakranti is not meant for just criticizing existing system or creating mere intellectual debate among experts but purpose of Arthakranti is to resolve the issues faced by you, me, the common man of India by bringing in the systemic change. To understand this clearly one should read about origin of Arthakranti and journey so far…
Origin of Arthakranti
This proposal has come up after a deep study of current economic system, challenges faced like lost jobs, business failures, lack of micro-credit, growing parallel economy, increasing disparity. The initial draft of proposal came into existance considering the four dimensions namely Taxation, Parallel economy, Ease of Cash Transactions and the lack of Capital formation due to poor use of banking system. The proposal was then discussed with many people from different fields (business, banking, economics, education, science, agriculture, etc.) having different expertise, at many forums and it evolved to take up its current form. Many people went through and are going through process of listening, questioning, arguing, understanding and contributing. They presented proposal to their friends, contacts and other influential people. In this way circle of Arthakranti movement grew and is continuously expanding. Lot of people are contributing, adding value, and joining their hands for this movement.
- More than 800 presentations are delivered, to mention few at Rambhau Mhalagi Pratishthan, Mumbai (2000).
- As the keynote speaker in the Tax Reforms session of 55th All India Commerce Conference (October, 2002, Udaypur).
- At workshop on "tax reforms" in India at Nizam college-Basheerbagh-Hyderabad conducted by commerce dept. of Osmania University (2002).
- Lecture on Revival of Indian Economy at Institute of Engineers Pune –April, 2003.
- Samvad - E TV – Feb – March 2004.
- Nasik industrial co-operative estate – 2005.
- Star Maza – August 2008.
- MCCIA, Pune – 2008.